The Kennebec Valley Community Action Program (KVCAP) is a non-profit organization that assists people in Kennebec, Somerset, Lincoln, and Sagadahoc counties. Our Vision for the Kennebec Valley Region is thriving communities made up of individuals and families who are healthy, financially secure, and able to reach their fullest potential.
Our main office is located in Waterville, with offices in Augusta, Skowhegan, Wiscasset, and several outreach locations, and employs approximately 280 people. Since 1965, KVCAP has worked to eliminate poverty and build stronger communities by helping over 800,000 people improve their social and financial stability through a wide variety of services.
We currently offer the following programs:
- Head Start, Early Head Start, and childcare
- Maine Families home visiting
- Child abuse and neglect prevention activities including parenting and school-based classes
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Emergency fuel assistance
- Weatherization, home repair, and furnace repair/replacement
- Homebuyer education and coaching
- Financial capability coaching
- Resource Navigator services
- South End Teen Center
- MaineCare transportation
- Kennebec & Somerset Explorer public transit system